one Shot, one Bullet, one Kill.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
one Shot, one Bullet, one Kill.

Welcome to the SBK clan forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

torrents help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 3:11 pm

I downloaded stargate ark of truth film (has been leaked and is not even out yet) which is a strat to dvd film

It has finished and there are all these part to the film. there is a short taster click of it but apart from that I dont know what to do with these parts. do I burn them or use a program to put them together???
Back to top Go down
Charlie
.:/Admin\:.

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:04 pm

strat?

whats the file abbreviation .?
Back to top Go down

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 7:01 pm

they start as .r00, then .r01 etc and go up in numbers for each part
Back to top Go down
Charlie

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:56 am

you gotta use winrar. if you dont already have it, you can easily find a torrent of it. basically, ppl use the .r1 .r2 etc. so that its quick to download.. i think.. but anyways..
what you do is open .r1 in winrar, and extract it to wherever you want - have all the .r parts in the same folder, and it will extract them all at once. - YOU HAVE TO HAVE THEM ALL IN THE SAME FOLDER otherwise it will come up that its missing a part... etc.. but it will extract the file and leave you with a .avi or whatever file they ripped it to.

hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Charlie

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:40 pm

BTW - what site do u get your torrents off?

Best i'v found for series is - www.eztv.it
And use thepiratebay or torrentz for most other stuff....
Back to top Go down
Jose Jalapeno
junior
junior

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 11:32 pm

eztv is win for tv shows. For anything else I usually use www.isohunt.com which is a pretty decent site.

Usually I avoid rar files, dont think it's any faster to download it in pieces, because the torrents do that already (duh Razz)
Back to top Go down

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:00 am

i have found piratebay.org is very good too!
Back to top Go down

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:09 am

i unzipped it with winzip-the .r00 which is the first of the list so all went to same folder, i can hear sound but not see it!
Back to top Go down
Charlie

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:20 pm

well i know that they use parts on a certain torrent client.. cant remember what its called though.. (it splits the file up into like 100 parts, each about 1-2Mb) apparently it works with that.. also with file leecher (the URL 1.. it sometines uses parts).. but anyways.. off topic.. lol

I dont personaly like winzip.. have always used Winrar, or 7zip. I would recommend using winrar, but thats just because i like it.. with that, when you open a zipped file, it will show the contents prior to unzipping (dunno if winzip does) so you can see what files are in the zip (in this case .rar). if it does, list the files in it on here just out of interest.
if poss, do you have the link to the torrent? (the site you got the torrent off, to check out the torrent ^load) & does the torrent you dowwnloaded incude an .NFO file?

So yer, I would basically recommend you download win rar, and try that out - if you dont like it in the end and it doesn't work with the torrent you can always uninstall it.. think its about 1-5Mb
Back to top Go down

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:36 pm

found out why it wont do picture but just sound, spoke to my dad who is a pc wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

he says that the players dont have the codec to show it and so I need to download divx or something like that so I will do that 2morrow
Back to top Go down
Capt_Chunk
Capt_Chunk

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:39 pm

yeh man, divx is good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ribena_man

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:40 pm

kewl will try it then,.,
Back to top Go down
Charlie

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 9:39 pm

lol u noob! (no offence).. you can download some cool codec packs - its like a shit load of codecs n it installs them all simultaniously... il check if i can find a link... but yer.. deff get divx 1
Back to top Go down
Jose Jalapeno
junior
junior

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:47 am

Say no to codecs! Get VLC instead. Had this player for like 5 years, never used anything else since I got it Smile
Back to top Go down

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:06 pm

ok kewl will have a look
Back to top Go down
Charlie

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:05 pm

omg hate VLC!!!! cant stand it.. i only have it (he portable version) on my flash drive incase i NEED to use it.. but its personal prefernece really.. i use real player and just download codecs when i need em.. vlc has them built in, so cn play more or less any format&coded you can through at it...
Back to top Go down

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:40 pm

that is what I have just done and it works fine!
Back to top Go down
Charlie

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 6:07 pm

well as long as your happy <3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:26 pm

I have never watched stargate! Sad ever...

never really appealed to me tbh..
Back to top Go down
Charlie

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:34 pm

dont bother.. its a load of bollox!

unless you like watching a bunch of queers and failed actors prance around a spaceship in alien costumes carrying laser pistols and the like...

:p added that last bit just for you Rockhit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

torrents help Empty
PostSubject: Re: torrents help   torrents help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

torrents help
Page 1 of 1