one Shot, one Bullet, one Kill.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
one Shot, one Bullet, one Kill.

Welcome to the SBK clan forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SBK Server - News

Go down 
+2
Trent army
Charlie
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie
.:/Admin\:.

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 5:12 pm

Ok, please only post relevant info, regarding the server here... mabey anything to do with this (ish) on a seperate thread? I dunno.. but basically try n keep it clear of bum time etc.

Here i'l be posting up-to-date info on what i find out, hopefully every couple of days, daily if necessary or i got time.
Back to top Go down
Charlie

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 5:15 pm

Ok, This has been mentioned in the previous thread, but im just going to give you all a breif recap.

I emailed Dedifrag the other day, just as a general introductory and informative Email, saying:

Quote :
Hi, i am part of a recently formed CSS clan, and we are looking into investing in a game server, however none of us have any prior experience in running or managing a server. I was wondering if you have any tutorials or links to resources which give more information on game servers, CSS in particular. My only major concern is that a few of our members live outside of the UK (me included, I am currently based in Cyprus), so firslty, would I be able to purchase and manage the server from Cyprus (I do have a registered UK paypal account), and secondly, may you please refer me to any CSS game servers you are currently hosting, preferably a 66tick and a 100tick, so the clan can have a go on them and see what they think. What would you recommend for our current situation, we are looking into a 24player server, 66tick if possible, then if all goes well, hopefully move on to a 100tick in the near future.
Many thanks, Charlie Scott

They seem to be very "on the ball", because i received a reply within 12 hours,

Quote :
Hi Charlie,

Thanks for contacting DediFrag servers
Don’t worry about not knowing how to run game servers we will show you and
help you all the way and we can always jump on teamspeak or vent to help you
the moment we don’t have any tutorials this is some think we are looking
into there will be no problem running and managing a server from Cyprus
Please feel free to try this server out
77.74.199.108:27017: BBz Dust 2, Office and Inferno (OLD WEAPONS PRICING)

If you have any questions or queries please don’t hesitate to contact me

Regards
Mark Jordan
Back to top Go down
Charlie

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 5:48 pm

So following that, I decided to look a bit more into Gun Game mods, and basically as far as I can tell, most (if not all) servers use the Gun Game mod produced by Cagemonkey. The new release is out (4 - the CRO one), and it needs:

Event scripts (newest version is 1.5)
As of version 1.5, the scripting engine of EventScripts is not unlike a command-line shell built on top of the Source engine's console. It was designed to be simple to use for administrators since experienced coders have access to creating Source plugins via Valve's Source SDK in C++.

ES_Tools (Event Scripts tools)
Not to sure about this, looking into it now, so you might get some more info on it tonight or tomorrow..

I'v found download links for both of those, and the Gun Game 4 mod itself. From the dedifrag website, it says that it allows full FTP access, so (I'm pretty sure) thats how to transfer the files. I dont know very much about FTP transfers etc, but apparently a powerful, easy to use tool for transfering through FTP is SmartFTP. As far as I can tell, it's charged for, but im sure I can find a torrent of it, or a similar, maby even better application.

Also a recommended application is HLSW.
HLSW is a powerful gaming and administration tool, useful for ambitious gamers and also for professional server administrators. From easy connecting to gameservers to live reporting of a match into an Internet Relay Chat, everthing is possible with HLSW. Because HLSW was made by gamers for gamers, the main focus was to develop an ergonomic design.
Almost certain it's free.

The next thing on my list to do is:
Download & install HLSW & SmartFTP just to get to grips with the interface etc. If anyone knows of any other tools that are better or more used, just note it down and I'l look into it.

I also had a look into HLstatsX - I never realised that its charged for (5Euro per month). So yer.. ranking will be a bit further down the list of priorities.

Basically the next decision that must be made it: are we going for dedifrag?

If so, I can Email them again for more info, and asking if they have any information / prior experience with hosting CSS Mod severs.

Also TK, if we do decide to go with Dedifrag, whats the name of your friend, who put us onto them, so we can use him as a refernce and get him in their "good books"

And finally, I wont be able to do much over the next coulpe of days, because I'v got my ICT course work to finish up and hand in on Friday, but after that (Xmas hollz) il be free to give it some more time. If i find that i cannot do it, would TK be happy to take on the task?
Back to top Go down

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 6:37 pm

i have spoken to church today too, he says he will be getting the server from dedifrag and i have given him some details to probably from same sites u looked at charlie about setting up the server

i also know about what is needed for setting up gg, i have got lan gg going and set up the settings so I can help too
Back to top Go down
Charlie

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 6:45 pm

okies kl, over to you churchy boy, keep us posted Wink
Back to top Go down
Trent army
Trent army

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 6:47 pm

i took a look at that website you were talking about charlie with all the add ons
we need the matrix bullet time for when the last person dies, would be mint
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/africanweedmonster

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:05 pm

you can add a stupid amount of stuff

dont think you have to pay for unless you want hlstatsx
Back to top Go down
Capt_Chunk
Capt_Chunk

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:09 pm

Charlie wrote:
I dunno.. but basically try n keep it clear of bum time etc.

Not refering to me there by any chance?

lolz anyway i think the main thing for now is to get the server up n running then doing add ons later trent, we need to decide as a clan what add ons to put on there. but great work charlie with finding all this out u really did good fella have a 'Chunk guaranteed pat on the back'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ribena_man

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:14 pm

ok then no great work uk, for finding out about cheaper server, asking friend getting the address etc and getting prices,

charlie copy and pastes and he gets a feckin cheer from chunk Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Capt_Chunk
Capt_Chunk

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:16 pm

oooooooooooo i am sorry rockhit i forgot about your super awsome work on finding us a cheaper server provider i was so excited about it i fell asleep and then it slipped my mind so you can have a 'Chunk guaranteed pat on the back to' now bck on topic lads server FTW
Back to top Go down

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:17 pm

guys try and keep the server abit clean, or it wound beging to lagg unnesserily much Sad
Back to top Go down

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:17 pm

yeay Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Capt_Chunk
Capt_Chunk

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:21 pm

yeh that is what i am sayin to kava we dont want to much add ons as it would get laggy, maybe just one or 2
Back to top Go down

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:38 pm

ye u r right
Back to top Go down
Charlie

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:26 pm

Quote :
charlie copy and pastes and he gets a feckin cheer from chunk

I'l have you know, it may have been cuting and pasting, but it took a shit load of time to find more info on it. and yes you did find the provider, and we have thanked you on numerous occasions, so quit bitchin! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Charlie

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:38 pm

p.s. TY chunk, much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Capt_Chunk
Capt_Chunk

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:45 pm

np charlie boy, btw girls, calm down it is only a forum Razz

but yeh be cool to get a server goin soon like
Back to top Go down
Charlie

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:58 pm

anyways, not to worry UK.. i wont steal your thunder no more...
I shall leave it up to you to sort.
Back to top Go down
Capt_Chunk
Capt_Chunk

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am

lol charlie i am sure he didnt mean it like that, dont be so rash man u wer doin a good job
Back to top Go down

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 10:51 am

Charlie wrote:
Quote :
charlie copy and pastes and he gets a feckin cheer from chunk

I'l have you know, it may have been cuting and pasting, but it took a shit load of time to find more info on it. and yes you did find the provider, and we have thanked you on numerous occasions, so quit bitchin! Evil or Very Mad

should have aske me about it all I have made a lan server but I read all about real ones and where to get it all m8
Back to top Go down
Charlie

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 1:26 pm

aight.. well anyways.. gonna stop anyways. Church was on yesterday, and said he was gonna start on it and it should be up by Jan. all we need now is a paypal addy church?
Back to top Go down
Church
Church

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 1:51 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen!

i have just had a cigerette and i am ready to spread the good news!

well basically

i need a donation of £5 from 4 people

after this the server will be up as soon as funds clear!

please email me at willhickman123@aol.com

here i will give more information to senior members that i am hopping will be able to donate!

contact me as soon as possible!

.Church.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/will_the_slightly_great
Charlie

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 1:55 pm

senior members being?
Back to top Go down
Church
Church

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 2:03 pm

Chunk
Trent
Frag
Fry
Ukrockhit (he already donated)
Kailoken

and obviously u n me charlie =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/will_the_slightly_great
Charlie

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 2:05 pm

okies.. well emailed you.. got PE soon, so wont be able to reply till later..
So get back to me n shud be able to donate this weekend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SBK Server - News Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBK Server - News   SBK Server - News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SBK Server - News
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next